Principal Backend Engineer
We usually respond within a day
At Encore we’re crafting tools and experiences to help developers build innovative products, faster.
In this key role you’ll get to build the must-have tools of the future, for developers everywhere.
What you'll do
You’ll join our product development team and will have a big impact on our product from day one.
Together with your cross functional team, you will develop our cloud platform and Go framework to solve developer pain points in innovative ways.
Working together with our engaged developer community, you will interact with users directly and come up with creative ways of solving real-life problems for developers everywhere.
Who you are
- You are a principal-level engineer with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of building for the cloud.
- You don’t subscribe to “use boring technology”, rather you always want to find better tools and approaches to problem solving.
- You’re passionate about building fantastic end-to-end experiences.
- You’re excited about working with Go.
- You have a range of skills and are excited about getting stuck in and doing what’s necessary today, while also reserving energy for thinking big and shaping the long term.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and like solving fuzzy problems.
Why you should join us
- We’re on a journey to radically change the future of a trillion dollar industry.
- We’re an experienced team who’ve built products with hundreds of millions of users.
- We’re just getting started and you will have a huge impact on our direction.
- You get a great options package.
- You get 30 paid vacation days per year.
- You get to work from anywhere.
- You'll work normal and flexible hours, not crazy startup hours.
- You get a 500€ per year wellness stipend.
Encore is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Encore for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what age you are. Our product is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented in our team, the more we will all learn and thrive. Please bring us your personal experience and your perspectives.
- Stockholm, London
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Work from your favorite place in the world, or hang with us in Stockholm and London.
Work normal hours, not crazy startup hours.
30 paid vacation days per year, to get a chance to disconnect.
Great options package, to share in our success.
500€ per year wellness stipend.
...and more depending on your location.
SMALL TEAM BIG AMBITIONS
Our team consists of experienced folk from places like Spotify, Google, and Monzo.
We've built products used by hundreds of millions of people, and like to work in close collaboration between engineering, design, product and marketing.
We’re growing our team to help us reach the global community of developers, and make Encore the default choice for backend development.
We are the backend development engine freeing engineers to realise possibility.
Principal Backend Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Encore?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.